Hi Martin,

I have a related question...  Since your SI model has students paying a fee
to enroll in the supported course, have you found that the fee-based system
results in better participation/increased attendance at the SI sessions vs.
when SI sessions are offered at no additional charge?  We are currently in
our first semester of offering SI (ours is called PPL - Peer Partnership
Learning) and are wondering about the cost of sustaining the program beyond
the initial 3-year funding we have been granted.

After 25+ years of offering peer tutoring assistance at a subsidized hourly
rate, we recently did away with tutoring fees at our institution because we
felt that they were posing a barrier to some students who really needed
tutoring assistance but who could not otherwise afford it.  My concern is
that adopting a fee-based SI program may impact a portion of our student
population most in need of the assistance.  How has your institution dealt
with this?

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Sincerely,

Janet