-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:
[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bridget M. Ponte
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Quick poll about department structure

Good morning everyone-

I am one of many who are putting together a strategic assessment report and
am addressing a section on department structure. Since you are the very
best source of this kind of information, could you take two minutes to
answer the following:

What is your total enrollment (just an estimate)? 12,600

Public, private, 4- or 2-year? Public

Do you employ professional tutors? For writing or content or both? How
many? Which areas (e.g., statistics) No, not in our center

Do you employ peer tutors? Same as above--are they grads or undergrads? All
Peer Tutors mostly undergrad, but have used grad students.

Do you have a separate writing center at your institution? Yes and they use
English faculty.

If not, how much of your business is writing?

What other instructional initiatives does your department facilitate or
manage: classroom workshops, a coaching/mentoring program, SI, etc.?
Workshops,
Peer Coaching, Supplemental Instruction

How are your tutoring sessions made: appointment, drop-in, etc.? Appointment
in our Center, we support Drop-in in the residence halls.

Are you located in Student Affairs or Academic Affairs? Student Affairs and
I would love to see the breakdown on this as people respond.

Thanks so much and good luck to everyone working on these reports!

Bridget Ponte

Director, Center for Academic Achievement Carlow University Pittsburgh, PA