Are you looking at average correlation of the two centralities per group?

So, like one department averages .98 between in and out-degree, but another
has a lower average?

I agree with what I think Valdis is inferring, the kind of email exchanges
(in terms of number) and of sender and receiver (are they in a formal
reporting relationship) may have very strong effects on the overall pattern.

Is there a way to isolate email exchanges that may be more centrally about
the substantive themes of a community of practice?  in other words, a
theoretically-motivated subset of email exchanges may offer more insight
into the kinds of voluntary interactions that would delineate a CoP.

Jordi

--
*Jordi Comas*

*"There is nothing so practical as a good theory."  Kurt Lewin*
Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Blog (under construction): Simple
Tools. <https://simpletools.blogs.bucknell.edu/>

Netcentric <http://netcentric.blogs.bucknell.edu/>: Resources for Teaching
Network Theory and Research

Research and Writing Blog: Nets We Weave <http://netsweweave.wordpress.com>

*Assistant ProfessorSchool of ManagementBucknell UniversityTaylor 112570
577 3161*