PS. One of our colleagues noted to me that downloading from email provides a security risk.
I apologize; please, use the following links to webpages from where one can download. L.

Large Networks among Institutional Addresses: InstPlus.EXE
http://www.leydesdorff.net/software/instplus

This website provides a routine to generate a large network of institutional addresses based on co-authorship relations in a set of papers downloaded from the Web-of-Science (v5). The input is not limited to a number of institutions. The output is written as a file “mtrx.net” in the Pajek format (edgelist). A further routine generates a second matrix “fmtrx.net” containing the same information as “mtrx.net”, but fractionally counted.

Fractional Counting of Authors and Addresses: Fraction.EXE

http://www.leydesdorff.net/software/fraction

This website provides a routine to compute fractional values for the numbers of publications and citations in a set of papers downloaded from the Web-of-Science (v5). First, this set can be organized into a relational database using ISI.exe from here. The resulting files can be used by fraction.exe as input. This program will add au2.dbf and cs2.dbf to the dbf-files generated by isi.exe with fractional counts of numbers of publications and citations. (See for integer counting instcoll.exe from here.)

** the programs were developed in collaboration with Han Woo Park.

** apologies for cross-postings

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor Emeritus, University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)

[log in to unmask] ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Honorary Professor, SPRU, University of Sussex;

Guest Professor Zhejiang Univ., Hangzhou; Visiting Professor, ISTIC, Beijing;

Visiting Professor, Birkbeck, University of London;

http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ych9gNYAAAAJ&hl=en