Hi-

I have a student research team looking at a small growers market of about 20 vendors and how the twin goals for the vendors of sense of community and economic performance are affected by overall network structure as well as specific network position for vendors.

Does anyone know of published or unpublished research like this?

We may find that this network is sparse and very centralized on a few nodes.  If we also find lower sense of community, it would be helpful to compare this market to others, but we only have our single case at hand to measure.

Thank you!
Jordi Comas

--
Jordi Comas

"There is nothing so practical as a good theory."  Kurt Lewin

Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Blog (under construction): Simple Tools.

Netcentric: Resources for Teaching Network Theory and Research

Research and Writing Blog: Nets We Weave

Assistant Professor
School of Management
Bucknell University
Taylor 112