---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex Martin Loewi <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Interactive Software
To: "Jones, Eric C" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]

I've developed the following for my own purposes, which are collecting data
on a network as I build it, and watching the progress as I go. You can
think of it as network-structured note-taking program, with built-in
visualizer. SUPER simple, super easy.

https://github.com/amloewi/glutton

Here are a few screenshots: You can add notes to a node, or to a
relationship (in which case you're shown the notes on the nodes at the same
time), and navigate to a new node/edge by putting node names in the url, or
clicking on the graph.

​
​

It would require a small amount of setup (create a folder, launch the app
from the command line, maybe download a few python packages) but I'd be
more than happy to help streamline that if anyone were interested in trying
it for themselves.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Jones, Eric C <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi Olaf,
>
> Many software allow you to add nodes visually while you're in the
> visualizing page/part of the software. VisuaLyzer, Netdraw,
> SocioScope--others on the list will list more. I don't know any that allow
> you to type numbers into the matrix and watch the nodes and ties appear
> immediately without refreshing or re-uploading. eric

Heinz School of Public Policy
Carnegie Mellon University