Dr. Giovanni Cerulli, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - National Research Council, Italy
Dr. Giovanna Ferraro and Dr. Antonio Iovanella, Department of Enterprise Engineering - University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Modern economies are complex systems, which require sophisticated techniques to be studied, understood and regulated. This special issue aims to raise a rigorous scientific debate on the many interconnections between economic complexity and the tools offered by modern complexity science.
We encourage submissions from all fields of complexity science, using network, computational and econometric and statistical approaches. Papers with relevant policy implications are particularly welcome.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Complexity theory and organisations
• Out-of-equilibrium dynamics
• Network analysis and Bayesian networks
• Simulation and agent-based modelling
• Robustness and sensitivity analysis
• Risk analysis
• Nonlinear and chaotic economic systems
• Game-theory models
• Structural econometric and causal models of complex systems
• Time series analysis and forecasting techniques
• Complexity and big data
• Policy analysis in complex socio-economic systems
• Computational modelling in economics and sociology
• Software development and implementation
• Models of complex networks
• Structural network properties and analysis
• Complex networks and epidemics
• Methodological problems in complex network studies
• Multilayer networks
• Complex networks in nature
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission of manuscripts: 4 December, 2015
Notification to authors: 8 January, 2016
Final versions due: 14 May, 2016