*Hello CHSCers! *

*Below is another service point opportunity ! Please email Jacquelyn
at [log in to unmask] <http://ufl.edu> with any questions! Have Jacquelyn
email me your name to receive your point. Also remember officer
applications/senior cord requests are due November 2nd at 5pm. Thank you! *

*Daisy Renteria *
President
*Community Health Service Corps *

*To remove your name from our mailing list, please email *
*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>* with “unsubscribe
CHSC-UF-L” from the e-mail address you wish to unsubscribe from.*

Thank you for your interest in helping us with the Great American Smokeout
(GASO) this year!  I want to provide you with a brief description of the
event, so you know what to look forward to on event day.

Student volunteers, in teams of two or three, will go forth from the
volunteer tables and interact both with people who are and are not using
tobacco according to a script we provide.  We will be sending you the
script once you have confirmed that you will be volunteering and for which
location and time(s).  You will be provided with contact cards and giveaway
items (this year, it’s lip balms with cessation information) to provide to
people as a conversation starter.  Volunteers who have participated in the
past have expressed that GASO has helped them to get to know their peers
better, gain more confidence in meeting new people, learn more about
tobacco, and address tobacco use on campus.

You will be prepped beforehand with a short training session (about 15
minutes) via video.  The link is as follows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf27e_1Rymk.  I know you all have very busy
schedules, but please watch the orientation when you have a few minutes, it
is very informative and extremely helpful!

On November 19th we will have the following shifts available:

The Plaza of the Americas: 10:00am-11:00am
Harrell Medical Education Building: 10:00am-11:00am

The Plaza of the Americas: 11:00am-12:00pm
Harrell Medical Education Building: 11:00am-12:00pm

The Plaza of the Americas: 12:00pm-1:00pm
Harrell Medical Education Building: 12:00pm-1:00pm

The Plaza of the Americas: 1:00pm-2:00pm
Harrell Medical Education Building: 1:00pm-2:00pm

The Plaza of the Americas: 2:00pm-3:00pm
Harrell Medical Education Building: 2:00pm-3:00pm

At a minimum it is required that you come for at least one shift (one
hour), but can sign up for as many shifts as you would like.  Please email
me [log in to unmask] as soon as possible with the time(s) you are
available to volunteer, as well as your preferred volunteer location (I
will try to accommodate your preferred location as best I can).  Please let
me know if you have any questions about the event.

Thank you again for your interest and we look forward to working with you!
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf27e_1Rymk
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf27e_1Rymk> *

*​ 2015 Great American Smokeout Sign-up Sheet.docx
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01ej_qvjnQTWVd2S0tDbnpmRG5FRmhZSHJ5dnhKLVZRZUQ4/view?usp=drive_web>​*