Last night, 11/3, I found 9 Franklin's Gulls on the beach between the Dunlawton ramp and Frank Rendon Park in Daytona Beach Shores. All were 1st cycle birds. This morning, 11/4, I found an apparent adult Lesser Black-backed Gull x Herring Gull hybrid on the beach with 182 Lesser Black-backed Gulls and many other birds. The mantle color was intermediate between a Lesser Black-backed Gull and a Herring Gull. The legs were yellowish, but the feet were pink. The bird was larger than the surrounding Lesser Black-backed Gulls.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL