Today Roxanne and I went to Rector Park in Daytona Beach Shores. There were not many gull there so we went to Van Ave Park just north of Rector Park. We found 14 Franklin's Gulls before a runner scared the flock. I'm sure I would have reached over 20 if that had not have happened. We also had several Red Knots on the beach. I did not see any other birders there. That is very unusual since we have a record breaking year of Franklin's Gull.

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/22996028495

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/22982378832

Danny Bales
Titusville, Fla.