This morning, 11/21, I found an American Golden-Plover among 21 Black-bellied Plovers and lots of Killdeer on a sod field in the agricultural areas of central Flagler County about 10 miles west of Bunnell off Rt 305, off route 2006. There were also the first American Pipits (44 individuals) I have seen this year. The American Golden-Plover was smaller, smaller billed and darker than the Black-bellied Plovers and inflight the bird lacked the white rump and the black axillars of the Black-bellied Plovers.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet