-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathryn Van Wagoner
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2015 4:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Accuplacer

We did analysis of placement and outcomes in our mathematics student/courses
and found zero correlation in developmental math. So the dev math program no
longer uses Accuplacer for placement. Instead, we created an algorithm based
on our data that uses GPA (20%) and ACT Math scores (80%). We are in the
process of verifying outcomes based on using the "rubric" which you can see
here:
http://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/academicaffairs/Assessmentandplacement/Place
ment%20Version%207%20(8-19-15).pdf

Our Mathematics department still uses Accuplacer at this time. And it is
used for English.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Director, Developmental Mathematics
Weber State University