From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Roberta Schotka [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2015 2:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Online module development & usage tracking

Hi Lynell,

I just completed the first 5 programs on study skills with a group of my
mentors. The programs are 3-4 minute videos that introduce various study
strategies. We have them posted on a closed youtube channel, which allows
only students from my institution to view them and allows me to track
instances of use greater than 30 seconds, which means it doesn't track
users who log in and out immediately.

We are using these to replace the optional 30-60 minute study skill
workshops that students say they don't have time to attend with the idea
that the student will contact the mentor if she wants more information.  So
far this is working out fantastically with 438 hits in a month. (We are a
small school with 2,400 students).

Best,
Roberta

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Lynell Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Greetings, colleagues -
>
> At the University of Minnesota we are exploring the possibility of a
> partnership between our
> learning commons and the student counseling services to develop a set of
> self-directed
> online modules dealing with topics at the intersection between academic
> performance and
> mental health. I am wondering about other such ventures, that we might
> learn from the
> experiences of others. In addition to learning about what may already be
> out there, we'd
> specifically like to know what success others may have had in driving
> student traffic toward
> a website and then tracking usage.
>
> Thank for your input.
>
> Lynell R. Williams
> Director, SMART Learning Commons
> University of Minnesota Twin Cities
> Input ~  Belief ~ Consistency ~ Harmony ~ Connectedness

> browser to

Roberta Schotka, Director of Programs, PLTC
Wellesley College
phone:781-283-2675
fax: 781-283-3709
CRLA-ITTPC Coordinator