From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wolf, Michelle G
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Debunking Myths about Tutoring/Tutors/Learning Centes

It is hard to believe that the end the fall semester is almost here.  Please help me compile "myths" you have heard faculty state about how tutoring/tutors/learning centers may undermine traditional classroom dynamics, such as:
                -Students may go to tutoring instead of going to class;
                -Students ask their tutors questions, instead of going to faculty office hours OR asking questions in class;
                -Students have tutors do their homework for them.

Send your myth(s) to Michelle Wolf at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you and happy holidays,

Michelle G. Wolf, M.Ed.
Director, Academic Success Center

Winthrop University