I had a conversation with a chief academic officer who equated the increase in students seeking tutoring as evidence that the institution was bringing in less capable students. When he saw the increase in numbers he said, “Do you mean to tell me that our students are that dumb?”

Fortunately, we had numbers that showed many of the students were “C” and “B” grade students seeking to make “As.” So the students were actually trying to maximize their experience not simply survive as he assumed. Unfortunately, I don’t think it mattered; his mind was already made.

I think referring to students who are actively trying to improve their performance by seeking tutoring as being dumb is like characterizing as lazy the person who is trying to manage their diet and exercise. No, the lazy people are the persons in the same situation, but doing nothing about it.

He will get a lump of coal in his christmas stocking this year:).

Leonard Geddes Business Owner, The LearnWell Projects
Tel: 1-866-337-3030 <tel:>
[log in to unmask] |www.thelearnwellprojects.com <http://www.thelearnwellprojects.com/>

 <https://twitter.com/@learnwelledu> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/leonard-geddes/62/aa4/424/> <https://www.facebook.com/thelearnwellprojects?ref=hl&bookmark_t=page>