Bit of a late report... on Sun., Dec. 13, Linda Most, Marvin Smith and I, along with 3 other birders observed 15 Vaux's Swifts flying, foraging and actively calling between 5:07 and nearly 5:30 pm in the skies above Dauer Hall on UF campus.  They did a twittering much slower than Chimney, but one call in particular was quite different, a squeaky chirp more musical than any CHSW call.  The group went to roost in about 3 groups between 5:25 and 5:30.  I've posted 3 photos; in the 2nd and third, you can see the pale throat contrasting with the darker "cap," and the stubby tail.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113899194699939416326/FloridaAndGeorgiaBirds#6229332026232808066

(Hit right arrow twice).

We also saw 2 Purple Swamphens, 1 Purple Gallinule, 1 American Bittern and countless Limpkins and BB Whistling Ducks at Sweetwater Wetlands earlier that day.

Brad Bergstrom

Valdosta, GA