To All  Graduate Students:

       The graduate students and postdocs of the UF Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience would like to invite you to our Fourth Annual Biology at the Beach SymposiumOpen to all scientific disciplines! This event will take place all day Saturday, May 7th at the Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience (located in Saint Augustine)!!

Enjoy a Saturday filled with casual research discussion and presentations, tours of our new sea turtle hospital, friendly competition, sunshine, sunset kayak eco-tours (optional), the beach, and BBQ!

       Undergrads, graduate students and post-doctoral fellows from many different departments and Florida universities attend, so anticipate learning from, and explaining your research to a diverse audience united by scientific curiosity and the beach! Thus far we have attendees from 20 departments and 4 universities!

       We also encourage undergraduates majoring in the sciences and/or  involved in research to come and explore their post-graduate options! This is a great way for your undergrad research assistants to hone their presentation schools in a low-pressue environment and get an abstract to add to their CVs!

       Breakfast and registration open at 9:30 am and talks begin at 10:00 am sharp, allowing time for a commute to the Whitney. If you are interested and would like to join us, please fill out the registration survey by Friday April 29thhttps://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6zdP6HYX7L1QzbL

Attendance to the symposium is limited, so please don’t wait too long to register!

        All attendees are given the option to present research in one of three formats, providing the opportunity to practice poster and oral presentation skills (see registration survey for details). There is also the opportunity to compete in an optional vote-based competition for best poster and best talk with prizes! Also, indicate whether you are able to drive/carpool, as we will attempt to arrange carpools to economize transportation. Registration fees are to be collected at sign-in ($20; please, cash or check only), and will cover three meals, drinks served throughout the day, and fun symposium giveaways!  Even if you only have preliminary data you can sign up for our poster blitz! The goal is practice presenting :).

        Please register using the link and join us for a fun, casual day at the beach where we can discuss diverse research topics, engage in outdoor activities, and get to know more peers from outside of our individual fields!

Attendees: If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [log in to unmask]

We hope to see you there!

https://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6zdP6HYX7L1QzbL

Sincerely,

Emily Dabe