Hi all, I was tasked with testing if this list was still alive, and thought I could do so by asking a question on behalf of a friend (no really, it’s for a postdoc who’s not on the list yet)

Here is his question: "I have to minimize a non linear function, but I have never used optimization functions in R. I am looking for someone that can point me to a document or a tutorial that can introduce me to this technique.”

Any suggestions for Valerio?

Thanks,

Emilio

Emilio M. Bruna  | University of Florida
Distinguished Teaching Scholar | Professor of Tropical Ecology & Latin American Studies
Director, http://www.floridabrazil.org/ | Editor-in-Chief, Biotropica<http://www.biotropica.org/> |
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  Phone: (352) 846-0634  Web: www.BrunaLab.org<http://www.brunalab.org/>  twitter: @BrunaLab<https://twitter.com/brunalab>