Good morning, colleagues and coworkers!
A few days ago we made available (with limited access) the information to be included in the 2016 PhD Program Profiles Dashboard, providing an opportunity for programs to enter GIMS, review the information, insert explanatory comments and the like… all in anticipation of a public release February 1. Unfortunately some of the data displayed in the limited access opportunity was incorrect. It has now been corrected.
1. If you have not yet taken the opportunity to review your program data, there is no issue. You may now proceed to review, add comments, raise questions or otherwise take the steps outlines in our previous invitation. We are confident the data currently displaying are correct and current, but the whole point of this step is to be sure that programs know how the dashboards are constructed and displayed, so please login to GIMS as described below (and in our previous note).
2. If you logged in and composed comments between Tuesday, January 19 and 4:00 PM on Thursday, January 21, it will be necessary for you to take those steps again.
We apologize for the error and the inconvenience.
To log in and review your data (prior to any public release) please:
1. Sign in to GIMS using Internet Explorer Version 10 or lower, Firefox, or Chrome and click on “Manage Program Profile” under “Department Data” in the left-hand navigation menu.
2. Select your program from the drop down box that appears.
3. Review the data listed in the PDF and make any comments needed (up to 50 words) in the text boxes that appear to the left of the PDF, no later than noon on Wednesday, January 27, as described in the original announcement below.
Contact Jenn Hubbs at [log in to unmask] with any questions or concerns.
From: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Cc: Glover,Joseph <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Malphurs,Janet M <[log in to unmask]>; Wilder,Richard D <[log in to unmask]>; Evans, Zina <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Ph.D. Program Profiles
Date: January 19, 2016
To: Chairs/Directors, Graduate Coordinators and Graduate Staff
Cc: Provost, Deans, Associate Deans, Academic Personnel, Student Financial Affairs, Graduate Admissions
From: R. Paul Duncan, Senior Associate Dean, Graduate School
RE: Ph.D. Program Profiles
The Graduate School develops profiles of UF's Ph.D. majors for use by potential applicants and other stakeholders. Available data are summarized in a "dashboard" about admissions, currently enrolled student demographics, completion rates and time-to-degree, and post-graduation circumstances, including job placement and student indebtedness. Data came from four sources - GIMS, Graduate Admissions, Academic Personnel, and Student Financial Affairs. The dashboard summaries have now been published three times and a fourth round of information will be released soon. They will continue to be updated and released around this time each year.
A password protected site in GIMS is available for your program to preview the dashboard information and add comments. This part of GIMS will only work with Internet Explorer Version 10 or lower, Firefox, and Chrome. A direct link is available on the left-hand navigation menu under Department Data labeled "Manage Program Profile." Separate text boxes under the four headings will be available for your remarks. The comments are intended to provide readers with a context about specific features of the data as they might apply to a particular program. For example, the dashboard gives the percentage of Ph.D. students with funding as TAs, RAs, GAs and Fellows. Your department may use other sources of funding for your students in addition to those who are funded on assistantships or fellowships. You may choose to put this information in the comment box in GIMS, which will then appear as a note on the dashboard. If you choose to make comments, limit them to 50 words per box. To ensure that your comments are included on the dashboard at the time of its release, please add your comments in GIMS by noon, Wednesday January 27th. As in the past, however, the comment sections in GIMS will remain available for additional remarks or modifications throughout the year. GIMS may also be used if you would like clarification regarding any of the data elements which serve as the foundation for the dashboard graphics. For example, the list of students that were counted for each cohort in the dashboard can be found under Department Data -> Reports->Cohorts Lists.
The dashboards will be made available to the public on *Monday, February 1st* by close of business. They will be found at http://graduateschool.ufl.edu/about-us/phd-program-profiles/. Thank you in advance for helping to promote all of UF's Ph.D. programs.