Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but here are two rather
different suggestions:

Crandall, D. J.; Backstrom, L.; Cosley, D.; Suri, S.; Huttenlocher, D. &
Kleinberg, J. Inferring social ties from geographic coincidences
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the US, 2010, 107,
22436-22441

-- uses geocoded flickr photos to infer personal ties

Berry, Brent. "Friends for better or for worse: interracial friendship in
the United States as seen through wedding party photos." *Demography* 43.3
(2006): 491-510.

-- uses wedding photos to infer interracial network ties.

Cheers,
Ott

--
Ott Toomet