I am currently taking Katy Borner's class via Indiana University's online
system:

http://ivmooc.cns.iu.edu

We are learning to use the Sci2 tool and next week we'll be covering GIS
data. Sci2 content is exported as PDF and then marked up using InkScape, a
free analog to Adobe Illustrator.

There is a nice book that goes with this class, $25 on Amazon.

Prior to this I have used Sentinel Visualizer for handling geospatial data,
but this is an expensive commercial app focused on
anti-fraud/LE/counter-insurgency uses. I've done a good bit over the years
with Garmin's GIS tools for microwave data link install and some work with
postal codes and geo coordinates. I haven't gone deep enough into Sci2 to
be able to speak to its handling of such content yet.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Samantha Stratton-Short <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Can anyone please advise what is the best/easiest software for using
> longitude-latitude coordinates for node locations on a network
> visualisation. Comparability with graphics software such as adobe
> illustrator would be a plus. Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

mailto:[log in to unmask]