Hello Socnetters,

We are happy to invite you to participate at this year’s Viszards Session
at Sunbelt. Our aim is to demonstrate the richness and power of network
analysis, in particular when supported by visualization. We therefore
present a multi‐perspective analysis of a single data set, utilizing a
broad range of visualization methods. This year's Viszards session will
analyze the Microsoft Academic Graph
(http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/mag/). We will show analysis
results and visualizations resulting from several million journal and
conference publications. The networks are over time and include authors,
affiliations, fields of study, and keywords. A special emphasis should be
given to comparison and validation of existing algorithms. Rather than a
series of contributions on related subjects, this session features a single,
joint presentation by all contributors. Consequently, NO abstract submission
is needed.

All SNA researchers interested in visualization are invited to join the
session with their contribution by contacting <[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >. Even though, the data files are a couple of
Gigabytes, we will also prepare smaller datasets and network files in the
next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Batagelj, Katy Borner, Ulrik Brandes, Seok‐Hee Hong, Jeffrey C.
Johnson, Lothar Krempel, Juergen Lerner, Andrej Mrvar, Juergen Pfeffer.

--

Juergen Pfeffer, Assistant Research Professor

School of Computer Science

Carnegie Mellon University

Pittsburgh, USA

 <http://www.pfeffer.at> www.pfeffer.at