De : Vladimir Batagelj [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Envoyé : mardi 12 janvier 2016 14:18
À : LEVALLOIS Clément
Objet : Re: How to measure the distribution of an attribute among the nodes of a network?

On 12-01-2016 13:27, LEVALLOIS Clément wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Indeed my formulation was not clear. Refining my statement, I think a
> possible solution can appear:
>
> - Being evenly distributed in the network would mean that the distance
> (shortest paths) between the nodes bearing this attribute value is
> comparably close to the distance between the same number of nodes
> randomly picked from the entire set of nodes of the network.
>
> Does it make sense? 2 things:
> - it does not depend on a notion of communities
> - I might be wrong but the formulation above seems quite
> computationally intensive
>
> Clement

   If  U is a small community then usually  N(U)  will have large
   intersection with  U  and  N(U) setminus U  will be relatively
   small - the value of  W  will be small.
   We get large values of  W  when  U  is large or  U  contains hubs -
   nodes with very large degree.

   It is very fast. The time complexity is linear in number of links.

   Vlado

--
Vladimir Batagelj
  IMFM - Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Mechanics

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender. The ideas and views expressed in this email are solely those of its author, and do not necessarily represent the views of the institution or company of which the author is an employee. Unauthorized publication, use, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is strictly forbidden.