On 12-01-2016 11:36, LEVALLOIS Clément wrote:

> Dear List members,
>
> I need to have a measure of how widespread is the distribution of a
> node attribute in a network. Let me explain:

PS.

Some variations on the proposed widespread measure

  W  = |U  union N(U)| / |V|

1. option - consider also the size of set U

  W1  = (|U  union N(U)| . |U|) / | V |**2

attains its maximum value 1 iff U = V.

2. option - dominating set
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominating_set)

  W2  = (|U  union N(U)| . |V setminus U|) / (|V|.(|V|-1))

attains its maximum value 1 iff U is the center of a star (a single node
linked to all other nodes).

Vlado
--
Vladimir Batagelj
  IMFM - Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Mechanics