Dear Colleagues,
Wouter de Nooy and I are organizing a session on "Networks from Interaction Events" at the EUSN conference in Paris in June. Find the abstract for our session below.
If you're interested, we would like you to submit your abstract to the conference homepage (http://eusn2016.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/4), and to send it to us directly (so that we know about your interest). It would help indicating that you'd like to take part in our session at the start of your abstract - otherwise the organizers will assign your presentation to a session.
We see this as a long-term collaborative research endeavor, so we're keen on getting in contact with interested researchers, on hearing about their work, and on discussing ideas with each other.
Note that the conference will take place at the same time as the European Football Championships in France. Early booking of accommodation is probably a good idea ...
Best from Berlin,
Jan

Session: Social Networks from Interaction Events
Organizers: Jan Fuhse (HU Berlin), Wouter de Nooy (U Amsterdam)
The network structure of human interaction is rapidly gaining prominence in social network analysis. Theoretical developments in relational sociology or in network exchange theory refocus on human interaction as the foundation of social relations. New data collection techniques, for example Big Data from communication and tracking devices, offer data on what people do and with whom they are doing it with an unprecedented time and spatial resolution. The traditional apparatus of social network analysis, focusing on relations as stable social ties, is not designed for relational events that last only for a very short time. This session is dedicated to the development of new theoretical concepts, models, and analytical techniques for analyzing social networks of interaction events. We welcome papers theorizing or testing the links between social relations and interaction, proposing or applying network models to event data, or exploring the possibilities and limits of collecting relational event data. Relevant research techniques include quantitative analyses of relational event dynamics (in event history models or regression analyses) as well as qualitative investigation of the negotiation of the meaning of relations and identities, drawing on discourse analytical approaches like conversation analysis and sociolinguistics.

Emmanuel LAZEGA <[log in to unmask]> hat am 14. Januar 2016 um 18:03 geschrieben:

Call for abstracts
Second European Social Networks Conference - EUSN
Paris, June 14-17, 2016
http://eusn2016.sciencesconf.org/

Dear Colleagues,

We now invite you sign up for workshops and/or submit abstracts of paper presentations and posters to the Second European Social Networks Conference (EUSN), to be held in Paris, France, June 14-17, 2016.

The conference will host about 17 special thematic sessions listed here: http://eusn2016.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/10

Workshops offered in methods and analyses of social networks, including introductory courses and training on software platforms are listed here:  http://eusn2016.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/9.

Abstract submissions in all fields of social network analysis are due by February 16, 2016. Please find the abstract submission procedure and instructions to follow here: http://eusn2016.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/4. Once you have submitted your abstract, you will receive a receipt of your submission by e-mail. You need to be pre-registered at the conference before you can submit your abstract :

http://eusn2016.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/5

You will be able to register and pay for the Conference fee once your abstract has been accepted. Acceptance will be notified to participants by March 16 at the latest.

One last piece of information: We learned that the Euro 2016 football championship will take place in France (and Paris) between June 10 and July 10. We therefore advise EUSN participants to book their accomodation as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [log in to unmask].

We look forward to seeing you in Paris in June!

The organizers

Laurent Beauguitte, Emmanuel Lazega, Christophe Prieur, Paola Tubaro

IMPORTANT DATES:
February 16: Deadline for abstract/poster proposals, and pre-registration opening

March 1: Registration opening

March 16: Notification to authors

April 18: Early registration closure

June 14: Workshops