Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit abstracts to a special session “SNA in Russia: Progress and Prospects.”

We welcome submissions drawing attention to network research trends currently developing in Russia or on Russian data (or data from BRICS and other developing countries). Because Russian social scientists have had little interaction with the rest of the world for an extended period of time in the 20th century, there has been very little integration of studies done in Russia with those done elsewhere. The potential for additional theory testing and development on data collected in Russia as a developing country has broader implications in a variety of fields; there is potential to test, extend or challenge western theories in all disciplines from sociology to political science to human resources management. We welcome submissions from a broad range of disciplines interested in Russian data, or comparative studies with Russia as a developing country, against the backdrop of similar studies in western world.

Organizers: Valentina Kuskova (NRU Higher School of Economics, Moscow) and Stanley Wasserman (Indiana University and NRU Higher School of Economics, Moscow)

Contact: Valentina Kuskova, [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Please submit your abstract until January 4, 2016, using the conference’s abstract submission system, http://insna.org/sunbelt2016/abstract-submission/, and select “SNA in Russia: Progress and Prospects” from the list of sessions.

We look forward to your submissions.

Valentina (Valya) Kuskova, PhD

Deputy First Vice Rector

Head, NRU HSE International Laboratory for Applied Network Research

National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia

20 Myasnitskaya, office 231

Mobile Russia: +7-916-974-9287

Mobile US: +1-208-371-0324

 <http://www.anr.hse.ru/en/> www.anr.hse.ru/en/