Dear SOCNET members,

In the October 2015 issue of Social Networks, Benjamin Lubin and I published "Spectral Goodness of Fit for Network Models" (SGOF), which introduces a whole-network measure of goodness of fit.  Like R-squared, SGOF describes percent improvement in fit from a null model.  Because it doesn't depend on model specification, it allows comparison of fit among non-nested or even non-statistical models.

We have been receiving some inquiries, so I would like to provide links to an R package and quick tutorial for calculating this goodness of fit measure.

*The R package is available at github: http://bit.ly/1Pi93cb (right-click "view raw" and save the file).

*A quick tutorial (including installation instructions) is available at http://bit.ly/1PL24qA

*And the article (open access) is at http://bit.ly/1Gcz3zz .

Please direct any questions, comments or concerns to me at [log in to unmask].

Thank you!

Jesse

Jesse Shore
Assistant Professor of Information Systems
Questrom School of Business
Boston University
@jessecshore