Call for abstracts of papers, to be presented at the second EUropean Social Networks Conference (EUSN) in Paris, France, June 14-17, 2016.

Changes in Personal Networks: Causes, Differences, and Consequences

Scholarly research confirms that personal relationships and the composition and structure of personal networks are far from static, both on the short run and over the longer course of people’s lives. But we know comparatively little about:

(a) the reasons for, or causes of these network changes, which may be found on multiple levels, including the individual level (e.g., life course transitions; strategic choices), the network level (e.g., structural network embeddedness), and the contextual level (meeting opportunities; institutional conditions; cross-national variations);

(b) differences between social groups (e.g., young and old, ethnic groups and inter-ethnic contacts, subcultures); and

(c) the consequences of these network changes in terms of, e.g., the changes in the resources embedded in these networks that affect individual life chances.

For this session, I invite original contributions on these issues, which address theoretical perspectives, innovative methodological approaches/issues, and/or present empirical findings.

Please submit your abstract (before February 16, 2016) using the following link to the conference’s abstract submission system:  http://eusn2016.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/4

Abstracts should be as precise as possible but should remain concise (3,000 characters max, spaces and references included).

Please specify at the beginning of your abstract that you prefer to present in this special session on Changes in Personal Networks (if you do not specify this, your paper will be assigned by the organizers to a thematic session).

I would appreciate it if you also email your abstract for this organized session directly to me via [log in to unmask].

The conference website (http://eusn2016.sciencesconf.org/provides additional information about the venue and conference.

Please contact me if you have any questions about this special session. I look forward to your contributions!

Best regards,

Gerald Mollenhorst

Dr. G.W. Mollenhorst

Assistant Professor, Dept of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Section Urban Geography, Utrecht University, The Netherlands

Researcher, Dept of Sociology, Stockholm University, Sweden