From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Juergen Pfeffer
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] Participate at Sunbelt Viszards Session 2016! :)

Hello Socnetters,

We are happy to invite you to participate at this year¡¯s Viszards Session
at Sunbelt. Our aim is to demonstrate the richness and power of network
analysis, in particular when supported by visualization. We therefore
present a multi©\perspective analysis of a single data set, utilizing a
broad range of visualization methods. This year's Viszards session will
analyze the Microsoft Academic Graph
(http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/mag/). We will show analysis
results and visualizations resulting from several million journal and
conference publications. The networks are over time and include authors,
affiliations, fields of study, and keywords. A special emphasis should be
given to comparison and validation of existing algorithms. Rather than a
series of contributions on related subjects, this session features a single,
joint presentation by all contributors. Consequently, NO abstract submission
is needed.

All SNA researchers interested in visualization are invited to join the
session with their contribution by contacting <[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >. Even though, the data files are a couple of
Gigabytes, we will also prepare smaller datasets and network files in the
next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Batagelj, Katy Borner, Ulrik Brandes, Seok©\Hee Hong, Jeffrey C.
Johnson, Lothar Krempel, Juergen Lerner, Andrej Mrvar, Juergen Pfeffer.

--

Juergen Pfeffer, Assistant Research Professor

School of Computer Science

Carnegie Mellon University

Pittsburgh, USA

 <http://www.pfeffer.at> www.pfeffer.at