From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Juergen Pfeffer
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] Participate at Sunbelt Viszards Session 2016! :)

Hello Socnetters,

We are happy to invite you to participate at this year¡¯s Viszards Session at Sunbelt. Our aim is to demonstrate the richness and power of network analysis, in particular when supported by visualization. We therefore present a multi©\perspective analysis of a single data set, utilizing a broad range of visualization methods. This year's Viszards session will analyze the Microsoft Academic Graph (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/mag/). We will show analysis results and visualizations resulting from several million journal and conference publications. The networks are over time and include authors, affiliations, fields of study, and keywords. A special emphasis should be given to comparison and validation of existing algorithms. Rather than a series of contributions on related subjects, this session features a single, joint presentation by all contributors. Consequently, NO abstract submission is needed.

All SNA researchers interested in visualization are invited to join the session with their contribution by contacting <[log in to unmask]>. Even though, the data files are a couple of Gigabytes, we will also prepare smaller datasets and network files in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Batagelj, Katy Borner, Ulrik Brandes, Seok©\Hee Hong, Jeffrey C. Johnson, Lothar Krempel, Juergen Lerner, Andrej Mrvar, Juergen Pfeffer.

--

Juergen Pfeffer, Assistant Research Professor

School of Computer Science

Carnegie Mellon University

Pittsburgh, USA

www.pfeffer.at