Dear Colleagues,

We kindly invite you to submit an abstract to our session "Social Networks and Health Inequalities" at the XXXVI Sunbelt Conference, April 5-10, 2016 at Newport Beach, California.

Description

In this session we want to focus on interdisciplinary approaches focusing on social network influences on health behaviors. We are particularly interested in theoretical and empirical work that connects life course and network dynamics. We encourage submissions that use different methods (quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods) and focus on health inequalities at different stages in the life course and/or different vulnerable groups.

Organizers

Sylvia Keim, Institute for Sociology and Demography, University of Rostock, Germany

Markus Gamper, Institute for Cultural Sociology, University of Cologne, Germany

Andreas Klärner, Institute for Sociology and Demography, University of Rostock, Germany

Submission Details:

Please submit your abstract (not exceeding 500 words) using the conference's abstract submission system, found here: http://insna.org/sunbelt2016/abstract-submission/

The Deadline for submissions is January 4th, 2016.

When submitting your abstract, select the Organized Session title "Social Networks and Health Inequalities" from the list of session titles. The conference website (http://insna.org/sunbelt2016/) provides additional information on the conference.

We look forward to seeing you in April 2016.

Best wishes!

Andreas Klärner, Sylvia Keim, Markus Gamper

Dr. Andreas Klärner

Associate Professor

University of Hamburg

Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences

Chair of Sociology (Macro Sociology and Political Sociology)

Welckerstraße 8

D-20354 Hamburg

Email: [log in to unmask]