Indiana University Ph.D. Program in Information Science Accepting Applications by January 15th, 2016
Apply Today!<http://www.soic.indiana.edu/graduate/degrees/information-library-science/phd-information-science/phd-ils-admissions.html>
Funding packages with $46,000 per year are available for top candidates.

We welcome applications to our doctoral program at Indiana University Bloomington. Our Ph.D. in Information Science celebrates over 50 years and over 185 graduates. Our doctoral program<http://www.soic.indiana.edu/graduate/degrees/information-library-science/phd-information-science/index.html> is one of the longest continuously running Information Science programs in the U.S. and has one of the highest number of graduates, including distinguished and productive professors, deans of schools and libraries, directors of doctoral programs, editors of journals, excellent educators, and presidents of national professional associations.
Our Ph.D. in Information Science trains the next generation of information scientists-the people who will advance the knowledge in this field. Doctoral students are advised by faculty that are engaged in cutting-edge research areas such as:
*         *Social Informatics
*         *Computer-Mediated Communication
*         *Crowd Sourcing
*         *Social Media
*         *Online Communities
*         *Information Visualization
*         *Scientometrics
*         *Data Science
*         *Digital Curation
*         *Scholarly Communication
*         *Digital Humanities
*         *Semantic Web & Linked Data
*         *Complex Network Analysis
*         *Data & Text Mining
*         *Information Retrieval
Our students can benefit from our active community of scholars that includes these Research Centers:
*         *Catapult Center for Digital Humanities and Computational Analysis<http://www.indiana.edu/%7Ecatapult/index.shtml>
*         *Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science (CNS) Center<http://cns.iu.edu/>
*         *Rob Kling Center for Social Informatics (RKCSI)<http://rkcsi.indiana.edu/>
*         *Web Science Lab<http://swl.slis.indiana.edu/>
Located in the university town of Bloomington, Indiana, the program is supported by both an extensive research infrastructure and a beautiful setting. The technology and library resources at IU are stellar while the abundance of and access to nature, the arts, and international cuisine in Bloomington enrich out-of-class hours.
Interested in our doctoral program? Have questions?
Contact: Dr. Ying Ding, ILS Ph.D. Program Director<http://www.ils.indiana.edu/people/profile.html?profile_id=83> at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

--

Ying Ding

School of Informatics and Computing