Dear List members,

I need to have a measure of how widespread is the distribution of a node attribute in a network. Let me explain:

My nodes have a textual attribute, let’s say “preferred flavor for ice cream”

I would like to know to what extent the flavor “raspberry” is a value which is evenly distributed in the network, or to the contrary, just found in one community. A low value would mean that only nodes from a subregion of the network have this taste, a higher value would show an even distribution of the value across the whole network. I imagine that a difficulty is to account for the frequency of the attribute: if many nodes of the network have “raspberry” for the value of the attribute, it will tend to make this value distributed more widely.

Any help or pointer on this would be very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Clement Levallois

Assistant Professor EMLYON Business School

+33 (0)4 78 33 77 25

Mobile : +33(0)6 59 08 33 92

Skype and Twitter : @seinecle

http://www.clementlevallois.net

----
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers attaches qu'il contient sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement l'usage de la personne laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez reu ce message par erreur, merci de le retourner son metteur. Les idees et opinions presentees dans ce message sont celles de son auteur, et ne representent pas necessairement celles de l'institution ou entite affiliee dont l'auteur est l'employe. La publication, l'usage, la distribution, l'impression ou la copie non autorisee de ce message et des attachements qu'il contient sont strictement interdits.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender. The ideas and views expressed in this email are solely those of its author, and do not necessarily represent the views of the institution or company of which the author is an employee. Unauthorized publication, use, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is strictly forbidden.