Wow!  What a research community at UF!  We have received overwhelming response to the initial registration and will likely soon reach the maximum allowable participants for this session.  Please continue to apply if these dates work for you.  Due to such demand, we have reached out to NCURA to identify dates for a second offering later this spring.  For those of you who attempt to register after capacity is reached and get a message to email Allie to be "wait-listed," don't despair.  Please do put yourself on the wait list for the first session as openings may become available.

We will distribute more details on a second session as soon as the dates are finalized.

Stephanie

From: Gray,Stephanie
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Cc: Goodrich,Allison
Subject: Registration open for NCURA Workshop at UF

The Division of Sponsored Programs and Contracts & Grants Accounting are hosting a traveling workshop delivered by the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) Feb 23-25, 2016.  This intensive 2.5 day workshop includes topics such as:

  *   Role of the department research administrator
  *   Discussion of OMB Circulars
  *   Pre-Award administration
  *   Management of the award
  *   Tools for successful award administration
  *   Compliance issues
  *   Close-outs
  *   Audit

The program will cost $590 per attendee.  Those who wish to attend but find it difficult to secure funds for the cost due to financial hardship may submit a request for subsidy along with their registration.  Subsidy requests must be countersigned by your department chair/center director and will be evaluated based on need.  Attendance will be first come basis.  There is room for 65 attendees.

Registration is now open at: http://research.ufl.edu/or/research-events/ncura-conference-rsvp.html

Stephanie Gray
Assistant Vice President
Division of Sponsored Programs