Michael,

Something to consider... We used to have a course like this. Unfortunately we ran up against the "full-time student" credit limit. Students at a full load (16CR at our school) would have had to pay to take the tutoring course. We were not allowed to subsidize this requirement, and obviously students were not keen on having to pay for the opportunity to become tutors.

Jered Wasburn-Moses
Associate Director for Tutoring Programs
Learning Assistance Programs
Northern Kentucky University