From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ronald Johnson
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Florida Atlantic University Center for Teaching & Learning: Online Tutoring Inquiry

Hello!

The Center for Teaching & Learning at Florida Atlantic University is currently evaluating private online tutoring companies to provide additional academic support to students. If an online tutoring company is selected, the services provided will not replace our current in-house online and face-to-face tutoring programs.  Instead, we are considering adding the services provided by an online tutoring company to our current array of academic support services.  We feel as though partnering with a third-party provider may strengthen our array of academic support services by

*         Providing students with after-hours academic support

*         Providing students with assistance in courses that we currently do not support

*         Providing student-athletes with an opportunity for academic support assistance while traveling

*         Giving distance-learning students more academic support opportunities

*         Allowing us to cost-effectively support more students at FAU across all disciplines

Currently, we do not use a third-party tutoring company. As we are looking into different companies/platforms, we are hoping to gather feedback from fellow colleagues who have experience with online tutoring companies such as ThinkingStorm, SmarThinking, BrainFuse, etc.  If you currently utilize an online tutoring company, we would really appreciate if you could take a few moments to compete a brief survey by clicking here<https://docs.google.com/a/fau.edu/forms/d/1HPCijUhbwbg0Nqdv8TxJVczLIVWJ98hTeAYchjB_CMA/viewform>.

Patrick Dempsey, MBA
Coordinator, eLearning Success
Center for Learning And Student Success (CLASS)

Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road, GS 223
Boca Raton, FL  33431
Phone 561-297-3590
http://www.fau.edu/esuccess

[cid:FA4D5F25-0759-458F-85B2-133F015015EF]