Hi Nicolas,

From what I can tell from your message, EgoWeb would do nearly everything you described. EgoWeb has been used to interview high school students about their friends in school and they were restricted to enter from a roster of names that had not opted out.  The schools had close to 1,000 names.  Respondents were invited to fill out their surveys online. So it seems like it does what you need.  Here are the specific requirements you mentioned:

It would be great if there is a survey software out there that presents a “dynamic roster” based on what the respondent is typing into the name generator.

Yes, EgoWeb can do this.  EgoWeb allows uploading of a roster of names.  The name generator allows respondents to type in the name and immediately see a list of the matching names that have the letter combination that has been typed.  The list of matching names got shorter with each additional letter entered.  This seems like what you described below. You can allow them to enter names not on the list or restrict them to the list names only.

The only other requirement besides the capability for a dynamic roster is that the survey could be administered online.

Yes several studies have used it on-line only.  Study participants can be sent links via email and the links are unique for those email addresses.  It doesn’t have an interface for automatically sending out email invitations but you can export the list of names and links into a .csv file that can be used for another email system.

Ability to manage respondents: Our survey is longitudinal so we would like to manage attrition: respondents who  drop out, respondents who ask us to take them off the list, respondents who exit the organization, etc

Yes, with EgoWeb, you can set up questionnaires by wave and link them across waves. You can have a different roster of names for each wave. If you want, you can link the interviews across waves to display the list of previously named alters.  Or you can set them up as separate interviews.

Ability to ask name interpreter questions by piping in the alter names, provided in the name generator questions.

Yes this is basic functionality of EgoWeb.

Ability to manage incentives
No, sorry nothing like this in EgoWeb. We’ve managed incentives off line.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. I’ll be doing an EgoWeb workshop at Sunbelt in April if you are going to the conference.

dave

David P. Kennedy
RAND Corporation
(310) 393-0411, Ext. 6133