I've written to Amber off the list but we just became a Starfish
institution last year (we launched Fall 2015). I was thoroughly impressed
by their implementation process. Our facilitator was superb.

I echo Becky's suggestion that a team made up of both users and IT folks
participate in demos of any products and that you ask any company to give
you names and contact info of colleagues at institutions similar to yours
to speak with before committing as our doing that helped out team tighten
up our expectations/goals and understand what we were undertaking.

In addition, it is crucial that the implementation team members commit a
significant amount of regular (weekly) time to devote to the project. I
found (as one of the "functional" leads) that I needed to budget not just
for the bi-weekly meetings with our larger team but regular (weekly) times
to review the documentation and do the "homework" in our test environment
to prepare for those larger meetings.

Good luck in your search!
Jennifer

Jennifer W. Cannady ([log in to unmask])
Assistant Dean of the College/Director, Academic Advising
Agnes Scott College
141 E. College Avenue
Buttrick Hall Room 104B
Decatur, GA 30030
404 471-6284 404 471-6083 (Fax)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: *This communication may contain confidential and
privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any viewing, copying or distribution of this message by unintended
recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and
please delete the message from your computer*.