Hi Ira,
All of our students are issued an iPad as part of their technology package.
What has been interesting is, VERY FEW use them for academic purposes
unless required by their major ( ie: Chemistry has developed an app that
has lab procedures on it, music uses a couple of apps for keyboarding).

At this point, the university is looking into whether to continue offering
these as part of the technology package.

I do not see anyone using them for tutoring.  We have asked the tutoring
numerous times if they want us to purchase any software, apps, etc. to use,
nobody has taken us up on this.

I don't know if it's because they all have them they are not special, or
what. But perhaps doing a pilot with one or two tablets purchased to see
what the overall usage is and do your students like them would be a good
place to start?

Good Luck,
Lynda Sukolsky

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Ira Fabri <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> We are evaluating the use of tablets in the tutoring center, for
> math-based classes especially. The idea is that tutors and students could
> use them to write and draw on a document that can then be sent to the
> student.
> Is anybody using tablets? If yes, any recommendations?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ira Fabri
> Hear my name_
> Pronouns : She, Her, Hers
> ____________________________
> Learning Resources Coordinator
> Academic Support and Access Center
> American University
> Mary Graydon Center 243
> Washington, DC 20016-8027
> 202-885-3365
> www.american.edu/asac
>
> Please note, I usually read emails during regular business hours.
> Generally, I will respond within 24 hours, or sooner.  If you have a
> matter that needs immediate attention, please indicate that in your email
> or contact the front desk .

> browser to

Lynda J. Sukolsky, M.Ed.
Assistant Dean of Student Success/