another approach might be to gamify it. So a variation of where's waldo,
maybe, where on entering, someone seeking a tutor gets directions to look
for the someone wearing a name tag, or pin, or something that stands out
when looked for but not quite a vest that might be too easy to find.

Upon finding the tutor and starting the session, the player might get
something useful -- a pen, an eraser, a small notebook -- maybe with the
center logo.  If they pick up a game piece -- a slip of paper, nothing
fancy -- and the tutor stamps it after the session, they can pick up their
swag on the way out.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Inez Anders <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on apparel that tutors could wear
> to help them stand out in a busy drop-in room.
>
> We require all tutors to wear nametags, but when the room is busy a
> nametag can be hard to spot. We've been playing around with the idea of a
> brightly colored safety vest or sash.
>
> If anyone has any ideas they would be willing to share that would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> C. Inez Anders
> Tutor Coordinator