From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kate Bye
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 9:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Early Alert Program

Do avoid Ellucian.

Their system sends only the first alert to the student, so if the student is sliding pretty bad and getting multiple alerts - they will only receive an email for the first alert. The initial case must be closed before any additional emails will be sent to the students.

The system does not send a copy of the alert to the advisors/case managers/professor who submitted it, the advisor/case manager will get a summary email the next day - IF they have their preferences set to be reminded. This setting may have to be checked again if you do any upgrades, from my experience.

We have had an awful time with this system. Just awful.

Kate Bye
TITLE: Academic Support Counselor
ADDRESS: PO Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088
OFFICE: ARC 109C