Hello Amber,
 At Youngstown State University, we use the Starfish Early-Alert system.  We've been with them for 4 years and their customer service is excellent.  The Center for Student Progress (learning center) which is under Academic Affairs (as of 2015) manages the system and the outreach to students.  One thing to consider while shopping for programs is integration with other systems your university uses and make sure to involve your IT department in the decision making process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amber Wheeler
Sent: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Early Alert Program

Good afternoon colleagues,

My institution is shopping for an early alert system. There are multiple products on the market, but I hope to reach out to those experienced in running an early alert system to determine the following:

*         Do you have preferred program/software?

*         Who manages your early alert system and delegates the alerts (i.e., Academic Support, Academic Affairs, Student Success, etc.)?

*         In shopping for this program, there are many factors we must consider. In your experience, what factors need to be considered? I want to ensure that when we go through the selection process, we are not overlooking vital components for our institutional needs.

Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
Amber

Amber Joy Wheeler, M.Ed.
Academic Support Director
[cid:[log in to unmask]]South Georgia State College Powell Hall, Room 212
100 W. College Park Drive
Douglas, GA  31533
(912) 260-4415
http://www.sgsc.edu/current-students/academicsupportcenter.cms

Electronic Privacy Notice: This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by the electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining,using,copying,distributing,or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead,please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error,and then immediately delete it. Thank you for your timely cooperation.