Colleague is part of Datatel which I think is now taken over by this company Ellucian.  Or maybe it was a re-branding.  We have had Datatel for several years as our campus-wide program (financial aid, payroll, advising, courses, everything).  There is currently no tutoring piece in Datatel (or as they call it now, Ellucian).

From my point of view (advisor and head of tutoring), Datatel has been horrible.  It set me back 20 years in recordkeeping ability and ability to track/advise students.  Of course, prior to Datatel we had a homemade system which was tailor-made for our needs.  Datatel comes with a hefty pricetag for each "customization."

We are also soon going to be using the new Ellucian (Datatel) product Pilot, so I am interested in anyone's experiences with it.  Pilot is, as I understand it, something which will help keep track of student records from recruiting through alumni.  I am concerned because I understand Pilot even has a tutoring piece to it.  We use TutorTrac which is low-cost and very effective for our current needs.

Alvin

G. Alvin Madden-Grider
Learning Strategies Coordinator
Tutoring and Learning Center
Division of Perpetual Re-Organization
Allie Young Hall 215
Morehead State University
Morehead, KY 40351
606-783-5181

"Learning is place where we can create paradise."
      -- bell hooks

CAUTION: THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW SOME ACADEMICS (AND UNIVERSITY LAWYERS) COMMUNICATE.  PLEASE DO NOT COMMUNICATE LIKE THIS WITH ME.  AND IF YOU ARE A STUDENT, THE FOLLOWING IS NOT HOW WE WANT YOU TO WRITE.
*******
This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information that is legally privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately.