Dear Jeff,

The Board of CRLA is delighted to hear about the revitalization of the Northwest Chapter.  I know you have been in communication with Dorothy Briggs our President.  Please let me know if there is any way I can be of assistance to you as you prepare for your conference.  It is so valuable to reach out to learning assistance and reading professionals in your region.  In this time of tight budgets drive-in  conferences may be the only options for some professionals to connect and be renewed with others in our field.

I would encourage you to reach out the CRLA members in your region to participate in your conference.
You get access the CRLA members living in your region by going to:
*	www.crla.net
*	Click on member login
*	Sign in using your user name (e-mail) and password
*	Go to right hand column and choose Membership Directory
*	Use the drop down menu to choose your SRC and then click on Export Full Membership Directory to Excel

My goal is to help States/Regions and Chapters get more participation in your geographical area and hope you can encourage membership at the national level.   Please convey to your membership the value of CRLA membership.

CRLA Membership Includes:
*	3 issues of the electronic newsletter, NewsNotes
*	2 issues of the Journal of College Reading and Learning
*	Access to the journal College Teaching, as well as the JCRL archive through the Members Only site
*	Discount rates at the annual national conference
*	Unlimited access to CRLA's Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
*	A network of associates with common interests and goals
*	Eligibility for awards and scholarships for graduate study, institutes, and extended professional development. (See Membership / Awards & Scholarships)
*	Access to the Learning Assistance Programs (LAP) Standards from the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS)

Additionally we are launching a pilot Professional Mentoring Program on March 1, 2016.  CRLA membership will be required for participation.
Thank you for your service to CRLA.  Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance to you.

All good wishes,

Suzanne McCarthy
Senior Director
ACADEMIC SUCCESS and ADVISING CENTER