From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rachel E. Cook
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Managing student behavior in the Learning Center

I always emphasize that our specific policies help us maintain a "LEARNING CENTERED" environment and are for the good of all students. I post our policies on a printed page, several copies around the center. These specify that we don't allow food, drinks without lids, excessive noise, cell phones, or children. We don't say they might lose privileges, but luckily so far it's never come to that.

Rachel Cook
Coordinator, Peer Tutorial Services
Lee Campus
I-116