We only require a nametag while on duty, which I agree can be overlooked in a packed room.  Our staff each own a CLR t-shirt as well, with a black or white background (depending upon their preference) containing our logo and slogan, which many of the student staff tend to wear.  We rarely encounter issues with the professional tutors being recognized, so I think they are less inclined to wear the t-shirts while on duty.

Some of our staff who work in spaces bordering public areas of the Library prefer to use one of our placards in front of their space.

I like some of the other ideas being shared.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Debbie Malewicki, MA
Director, Center for Learning Resources
Director, Peer Tutoring Program
Safe Zone Ally
116 Marvin K. Peterson Library
University of New Haven -- "A Leader in Experiential Education"
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT  06516
Phone:  (203) 932-7415
Fax:  (203) 931-6013
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

"Tutoring to Help You Blossom Into a Better Student”

Thought of the day:  “A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”  By John Burroughs