Hello everyone,

I hope this email finds you well.  I am not sure if you have discussed ALEKS on this list-serve before but was wondering if you can help me answer some questions about ALEKS for math placement.  If your institution uses, used to use or will use ALEKS, can you please help answer the following questions?

How long has your institution used ALEKS for math placement?
How did you do math placement before ALEKS?
What made your institution switch to ALEKS?
How did you transition to ALEKS from the former placement system?
If there was anything different you could do over, what would that be?
Are you satisfied with using ALEKS for math placement?
Is there a cost to the student for using ALEKS for math placement?

Your help is extremely helpful and appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

Diana Aviles
Academic Advisor
Office of Student Success & Retention