Hi group,

I asked my contact in the math department about this and she said:

"We started using ALEKS in Fall 2013.

Before we used an online test developed by one of our faculty members.

When the university switched to banner, the test was going to have to be
re-written to talk to the new system. The faculty member who developed
it had long retired, so we looked at outside companies. Other schools
were using ALEKS with success (and with Banner), so we made the switch.

It was a clean transition. As soon as the university went live with
Banner, we went like with ALEKS and shut down the old test.

I can't think of anything we'd do differently.

Yes, we are satisfied with using ALEKS for placement.

For the first 3 years, the university covered the cost of ALEKS. For
Fall 2016 it was decided (by someone outside the math department) the
students would pay. We are already getting heat from multiple directions
and are trying to convince administration to cover the cost."

Thanks!
~Justine

Justine Chasmar
Tutoring Coordinator