From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Bruce A. Epps [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Sharing names of tutees with Faculty

Megan,

We absolutely share studentsí names with faculty for tutoring appointments (but not academic coaching).  Our approach is to be as transparent as possible with faculty about the work we are doing with their students.  We have found that this helps to engender a high degree of trust and support from faculty.  In years past we would occasionally encounter a student who wished to remain anonymous while receiving tutoring assistance, but I canít remember the last time Iíve heard such a request.  We use TutorTrac, and we have a daily automated routine in place that copies faculty on their studentsí visits to our tutoring center.  This includes the tutorís notes from the visit, which the faculty members generally appreciate getting.

Bruce Epps
Director, Academic Success
Blackmore Library 205
Capital University