Great

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lori Wall
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2016 1:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ALEKS

We have been successfully using ALEKS for our Bridge opportunity for several years. Student who place into dev math (currently by Accuplacer, SAT/ACT, high school math courses and grades) remediate on their own before coming to campus in the fall. I contacted an ALEKS rep recently to ask about placement. The cost is $25 per test but comes bundled with an access code so that students may remediate and retest.

The rep also said, and I quote, "We would require that PPL be used to place incoming students taking a math class – not along SAT or ACT scores as a challenge exam." For this reason, ALEKS PPL will not work for us which is a shame because it is such a good product.

Lori Wall
Developmental Mathematics Supervisor
Student Academic Success Center
Associate Adjunct Lecturer - Mathematics and Business​
207-602-2794

Like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SASCBiddeford?fref=ts

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information. This
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to
whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. If you have received
this email in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use,
copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it
immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by email that
you have done so. Thank you.